Considering Jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dark-saito, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

But i wanna see what all i can get out of it.

1) I know it's gonna void warranty. Obviously. But is it true that all traces of said jailbreak can be removed by restoring? Also- can i keep going back and forth? jailbreak- restore- jailbreak- restore?

2) Battery life... Does it drain as much as 2.0?

3) What things would i get out of it that 2.0 doesnt already have?

4) Is it idiot proof? i don't want to destroy my ipod in the process.

5) Does this crash like 2.0 does frequently?

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

1. yes

2. How much you use your device corrolates to the amount of battery used.

3. Nothing is idiot proof.

4. When jailbroken, mine would crash from Installer from time to time, but not frequently.

3. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

Not so sure about the battery life though...I got a good 18+ hours of listening to music on my 1.1.4 ipod touch but only about 6 or 7 doing the exact same thing on 2.0. and okay, maybe not idiot proof- but is it relatively simple to install?

4. kovy17 macrumors member

its so worth jailbreaking 2.0 because of the app store hack scene has been releasing cracked apps for free as of yesterday. there around 20 apps that cost money that you can gget for free by downloading and ssh into your ipod icluding....SMB cromag, de blob, motoracer, CBNK3d, solitare, texas holdem, enigmo tons more

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

And that would be illegal and wrong. Don't encourage it, and don't support it by downloading stolen software.

jW

EDIT: And yes, I have a jailbroken iPod touch, but I only put software that was released free on there, I don't go steal stuff that's released as paid software.

6. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want anything that i'd get out of the jalbreakage that would be illegal. Ideally I would like a ful fledged google talk and gba rom player (games that i already own, so not illegal)

7. kovy17 macrumors member

i never said i got the stuff i just said its possible to get it if you want it. The only thing i have done is gotten nes and some roms....not sure if that is wrong to do or not