Considering Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by PuppyLuv, Oct 8, 2007.

1. PuppyLuv macrumors member

Okay, well I'm considering getting a Mac Mini, I currently have a Dell Dimension Desktop and Dell Inspiron Notebook, I will be keeping the notebook fo my Windows needs, but I can sell the desktop. My only issue is, I'd have to keep the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. The Apple keyboard and mightymouse isn't a problem as it doesn't cost much to buy, but on the Apple site the displays are costly:
    Call me weird, but keeping a black Dell monitor and using it with a Mac is kind of ugly in my opinion, besides the costly Apple monitors I can't afford.. are there any other monitors you guys would recommend? Preferably white an 15"

2. benbondu macrumors regular

You might have a hard time finding a new 15" monitor. Samsung used to make some pretty attractive monitors. The new Dells are silver and look pretty nice (even come with an integrated webcam). I just saw a deal for a 22" Acer (silver) for about $200.

I've got a 16" monitor that's silver and gray. I don't think it would look that bad next to a mini. I might be willing to part with it for not much money, if you're dead set on a small display.

3. Jimmdean macrumors 6502

Acer would be my recommendation. They have gray-colored ones and you can catch a deal here and there.

They appear to even have 15" still, but I'd make sure that's big enough for you before you order one.