Considering making the jump to an iPhone, some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmb667, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

Before some people say "use the search function", I have...I've been reading and searching this board for a long time and wanted to get some specific answers I couldn't find elsewhere, so please help a guy out. Thanks.

My wife and I have had Verizon since about 2002, so a very long time. I have no complaints about their call quality or service (customer service has been top-notch). However, I abhor the selection of phones and the "operating system" they use (and have been using, almost unchanged, forever). We each have a 2nd-gen 8GB iPod touch (my second touch, her first) and love them...we carry them everywhere. We love the interface, the apps, the "all in one" aspect, etc.

My questions/concern is the quality of AT&T service in our area; we're in the Corvallis area of Oregon, about 2 hours south of Portland. According to the AT&T coverage map, we should get full 3G service here and most places we're likely to travel. However, I was hoping to hear from people in the area (anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, actually) about their AT&T experiences.

We both really want iPhones because of the aforementioned perks, but if the service isn't up to snuff here, it's a bit of a moot point. Thanks in advance!

2. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

We went through Corvallis on our vacation last summer. We stopped for gas there, my iPhone had good signal while passing through, as did my wife's BB curve. She has since switched to an iPhone and isn't going back to her BB. I can't guarantee good signal everywhere in Corvallis, but the main route passing through had good signal.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have 30 days to test out the coverage and cancell if your not satisfied without any fees.

4. jmb667 thread starter macrumors regular

jmb667

I was wondering about that; it's been so long since our initial sign-up that I wasn't sure what the options were.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, definetelly a good option to have.
    Not every place in the US will have the same kind of coverage so your individual experience may vary.

6. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Yes, try it but there are some fee's you won't get back like the
    $36 activation charge. Just ask what you would be charged in detail.

Best of all, just ask others you see in the area how the service is.

7. MTI macrumors 65816

8. jmb667 thread starter macrumors regular

jmb667