Considering making the switch to anti glare, have you had any problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Has anybody gone from glossy to AG and found anything that irritates them about the AG screen?

Does it seem weaker without the glass enforcement?
    Does dust collect around the edges of the screen since it isnt end to end?
    What about cleaning it?
    etc etc

2. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Get the anti-glare and don't look back. Both my old 17 inch Powerbook G4 and the 17 inch Santa Rosa MBP that has replaced it as my primary computer have anti-glare screens. I have been pleased with them and getting an iPad convinced me that an anti-glare screen is superior to a glossy screen. The iPad's glossy screen creates annoying reflections in any environment with ambient light. It is also hard to keep clean. I have never had any trouble with keeping my anti-glare screens clean and they are virtually immune to reflections, too. Neither has shown the slightest sign of wear or other kinds of degradation, although the PB G4 is more than 7 years old.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

anti-glare 17" is great.

Use iKlear to clean it, microfiber cloth only.

4. Daark macrumors member

Got to agree here, I really wasn't sure on switching to Anti-Glare but after seeing it I love it. I thought that the silver surround would also annoy me, but it actually suits the rest of the notebook.

Wont go back to gloss at all.

5. wschutz macrumors 6502

Use iWater instead (if you want with a little touch of soap)... cheaper and as efficient as rebranded water ;)
    In any case, the key is the microfiber cloth :)

6. tim100 macrumors 65816

i like the antiglare but here are the negatives no glass which apple says protects the screen and it is does not match the current design trends and marketing apple has been using. in most of apple marketing they seem to use a 15 inch glossy even the ag box as a pic of a glossy mbp.