Considering moving away from the MBA, thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by machacker, Jul 3, 2011.

1. machacker macrumors regular

I am growing tired of my macbook air. I have the baseline 11" model and for a while it was really nice, but I find myself using my iPad much more in the similar situations that I would have normally used my mba. So I am not sure what I want. I have had someone offer me from craigslist a 20" iMac 2.66, 4 GB Ram and a 1TB HDD. I can't tell if that would be a good trade or not?

Does anyone have any advice? I want to switch to a desktop and then just have my iPad be my portable device, but I want to make sure that I get one that will fit my needs at home as well, and of course handle Lion well :D

2. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

You obviously don't have any need for a MBA or any form of Apple computer at all if you find that your tasks can be done on an iPad.

And no, its not a good trade, as you can get a brand new 21.5" iMac for a bit more if you sell the MBA.

3. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

I second this. You can get a brand new iMac 21.5" for a little more than what you get from selling MBA.

4. machacker thread starter macrumors regular

Well I suppose I should be more clear. I use splashtop remote to dial into my computer and do other tasks from the iPad but control my MacBook pro from home. So while I am using the iPad for a lot of the tasks, I can only do that if I have a computer running at home.

Good advice with the iMac. I appreciate it!