Considering New iMac 3.6 i5 vs Macbook Pro i7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JakeRev, Jul 28, 2010.

1. JakeRev macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of buying either new 21.5 iMac with configuring 3.6Ghz i5 with ati 5670 graphic card or Macbook Pro i7 with nvidia gt 330m

I'm asking advice for gaming performance using iMac or Macbook pro. Which is more better(I think iMac with ati)? and is it significantly a lot better?

I also wonder ati 5670 used in new iMac is desktop graphic card or mobile version??

Please compare and give me advice.

2. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

Also, consider the sizes of the screens and the portability of the MBP vs. the iMac. The only difference in the graphics cards is that the 330m shares its memory with the processor.

3. richdooz macrumors newbie

The 330m does not share memory, the built-in Intel graphics shares memory. The 330m has 256/512MB dedicated memory, depending on which MBP model you buy.

4. Raje macrumors member

The 5670 will be better for gaming than the 330m. The 5670 is the desktop version, if you do not need the portability I would recommend the iMac for gaming. Depending on the games you play it may be wise for you to get a quad-core i5 iMac as some games have support for multiple cores, such as GTA IV.