considering new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonecracker, Jun 15, 2009.

1. bonecracker macrumors member

I have never had an iphone before but wish to buy one, i am on a friends and family discount contract that i have had for years.

Would i be able to buy the PAYG iphone and put my sim in there and get all the iphone functions etc, and just carry on with my old contract?

Seems a pity to loose a 30% discount if i have to go on to a new iphone contract. Many thanks in advance

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

i don't know if visual voicemail would work, and o2 in the UK recommend using a dedicated iphone sim. as long as you have unlimited data most of the phones features should be accessible.

3. bonecracker thread starter macrumors member

i think my data is limited to 100kb free, otherwise i have to pay, so looks like i will have to go on to new contract.

One other question, on my current xda phone, i can copy phone numbers from my recent calls list and paste them in to my diary when booking appointments in the calender and then sync with outlook. Will I be able to copy phone numbers from my recent calls list on the iphone and paste them in to the iphone calender?