Considering New Macbook - EEE user currently

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bridge51, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Bridge51 macrumors newbie

I had my Macbook (mid-range white, late 2007) stolen from my apartment a few months ago. With the insurance money, I bought an EeePC 901 (linux) since I not longer needed quite as powerful a laptop, and I no longer had the employee discount.

I'm thinking about getting another Macbook, and I want to know what you all think of the new macbooks? I'm looking at getting the midrange again, and throwing in 4gig of ram. I have a parallels license from one of the software packages from here, so I can run vista/xp if i want (have copies of both), as well as Iwork 08.

Do you think I should get one again? :) thanks for the advice!

-bridge

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Depends if your needs have changed, or if you feel like the eee pc isn't coping well enough with what you want to do. The new macbooks are a delight to use, the new four-finger gesture being really useful. The sturdy aluminium is great and its a bit lighter which is good if you would regularly carry it with you. Obviously, the rev A related problems: battery cover and crooked keys, as well as the glossy screen are things to consider, but basically, if you think you need it, and you have the money, its a brilliant laptop to get.

3. Jpoon macrumors 6502

If you can afford it, go for it. And cross your fingers you don't get some of the defects people have been complaining about! I'd get it at the Apple Store if you're relatively near one; that way you have easy access to return/exchange it should something go wrong.

4. sheltem macrumors member

I bought my macbook off ebay and was able to get it exchanged at the Apple Store (claimed it was a gift from a relative), because of slanted function keys.