considering replacement iphone 3g for connectivity, need feedback

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone3gnj, Sep 1, 2008.

1. iphone3gnj macrumors member

I'm coming up on my 30 day return period. My phone doesn't have any cracks. Before I put the screen protector on, it did not have dust under the glass. There are no light leaks. The only cosmetic issue I have is on the back where there are 3 tiny pin sized bumps probably from the molding process. That doesn't bother me. The battery seams average for a 3g device and similar to previous 3g win mobile phones I've had. The biggest problem I'm experiencing is 3g connectivity issues. It is decent one day and sucks the next in the same area. I'm thinking about giving another iphone a try. It seems like it is mostly a network issue with AT&T in the NYC metro area. However, there seems to be some people that have iphones in this area without any problems. I've tried a restore or 2.02, and it didn't help.

Has anyone exchanged their phone for connectivity issues and received one that works better? On the flip side, has anyone exchanged their iphone and received one with more problems? Any recent iphone owners (like int he last week) in the NYC metro area having slow connectivity?

Thanks for you help.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

connectivity will be the same with any phone

there have been studies to show that the problem lies with the network not with the iPhone