Considering returning Verizon iPad for AT&T after reading about misleading service

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adelphos33, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

I have never been a Verizon customer before, but I decided to go with the Verizon iPad because of the bigger LTE network. However, after seeing that AT&T and Verizon basically have similar LTE speeds in markets where LTE is available (except maybe Chicago) and after reading about Verizon's terrible customer service regarding iPads, I am thinking about switching.

Every interaction I have had with Verizon seems to be geared towards getting people to sign up for the postpaid data plan with a fee. They also seem to scare people away from the prepaid plans (saying that your sim will be deactivated if you don't keep service, etc). My experience with AT&T for the first iPad was simple. Sign up for the service you want, cancel at any time, no pressure.

What gives, Verizon?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Why are you even interacting with them? You sign up for the plan you want on your iPad and your done.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have been using the prepaid plan for AT&T for a long time, a friend uses Verizon. They involve the same methods of setting up a prepaid plan.

Get out of the Verizon store and do it yourself. Understand that the Verizon people in the store make money whe they sell you their plan.

4. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

ATT is no better. I have both services and when you have to deal with a person, well they are all going to try and scam you. Verizon was particularly bad, adding activations fees and insurance etc to my plan, but a phone call straightened that out. I prefer the post paid plan, you get a bit better coverage with the extended networks and you dont have to hassle accepting the extra $10/GB should you need it, it just gets automatically billed to your account. The hassle makes that worth it for me.

As the pervious poster said though, go pre-paid, do everything from your device and you wont have to worry about additional fees, or dealing with people.

5. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

6. aperry macrumors 6502a

They're both awful companies and I find it highly doubtful that AT&T is any more ethical than Verizon. The beauty of the iPad is that anyone can purchase a prepaid plan without ever talking to a single representative. It takes about 30 seconds of google searching to have it all explained.