Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
I found a solution to eliminate the undigestible variables and I'm just testing it.

http://jowie.com/blog/post/2008/02/...t-from-Vista-x64-DVD-burnt-from-iso-file.aspx

My previous method may have been flawed. I used to simply extract one straightforward image from the disk by use of nLite. I am aware that this has changed other aspects of my bootable installation disks. Among the noticable changes was the loss of the repair option, which I missed dearly.

So perhaps Howie's way is better for me. I had some difficulties to heck his description but now it appears that I have got it.

EDIT: I'm installing Win7-64 on my SSD RAID0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also told me that my BIOS is not suitable but at least it started to install. It broke off in the last minute when it should have restarted the computer. Perhaps I will be able to work around that issue. I'm starting it again and will manually shut down if that is the only way to make sure it restarts.

keep the fingers crossed, please puuuuuleeezzzzeeees.
Keep us posted, if you don't mind.

Good luck. :)

HkyNC

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
FYI - I have two SSDs in a June 09 MBP set up in a RAID 0. My boot time from turning on to having the list of IDs is 16 seconds. Working in VMware Fusion and suspending a 60GB Windows 2003 Server image takes about 20-25 seconds. My drives are Corsair P256 (Samsung technology, 256GB each). Still running Leopard, although doing upgrade tomorrow.

Couldn't be happier, although I wonder about tinkering with the block size (currently using 32k). Don't know if I would have the same performance with a single drive, but having the RAID 0 gives double the space without thinking of what to put on which drive.

Update: Sorry this is not the right forum for the hardware, but seems to be on topic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.