Carrier Considering switching from AT&T to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rui no onna, Oct 1, 2014.

1. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Question, does Verizon still offer BYOD/no contract discounts (new signup)? Also, aside from EDGE and an introductory 0% APR credit card, what options do I have for 0% interest financing on 4x iPhones (6-12 months)? We currently have 4 iPhones on AT&T 10GB postpaid and 3 iPads on individual Verizon month-to-month plans and I'd like to consolidate them all on a 30-40GB plan promo. However, we don't want to upgrade phones frequently so I'd like to make sure I can "grandfather-in" to BYOD discounts.

This part is of particular concern to me:

2. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Verizon doesn't do any BYOD discounts. They only give you a discount if you buy a phone on Edge and only for the duration of you making payments on the phone.

3. shaunmed macrumors regular

i have att and they suck but ive heard verizon does too. its all about coverage.

4. Gincoma macrumors 6502

they both suck and are expensive just choose the less suckier one which is Verizon...Ive had good luck with them

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I've heard people say you can add the discount to your account manually. Supposed to be an option under features or something

6. rui no onna thread starter macrumors 603

rui no onna

They have offered it. My only question is if they still offer BYOD discounts.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2014/04/more-everything-savings-coming.html

7. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Yes Verizon still offers the same discount if you bring your own phone.

8. rui no onna thread starter macrumors 603

rui no onna

Does it apply to new sign-ups, too?

9. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

They do starting tomorrow. $15 line access fee for BYOD or using Edge

----------

BYOD or use EDGE to get the line access fee reduced from $40 to $15.

"Customers who choose Verizon Edge when purchasing or upgrading their smartphone using these promotions, or who bring their own device can add those phones to MORE Everything plans for $15 monthly access."

10. zzoomp09 macrumors 6502

zzoomp09

They do... I'm actually moving to them tomorrow bec of the new plans, $10 off for BYOD lines.

----------

Really? Anywhere I can find them? One store is giving me different info.

edit: duh! sorry for not reading. found it on ur post. lol

11. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

It's part of their double data promotion, and it starts tomorrow.

12. serega macrumors regular

I switched from ATT to Verizon with three phones on 10 gig shared 3 days ago. What they told me that I will get $25 discount on each phone because I paid full price at apple store. I didn't see the bill yet. But I will pay activation fee.

13. gfunk1122 macrumors newbie

You have always been able to get the discount if you are not under contract. You just had to have it added as a feature as stated earlier.

14. rui no onna thread starter macrumors 603

rui no onna

The problem with Verizon is it treats BYOD discounts like a red-headed stepchild. There are a lot of Verizon CSRs who don't know about the discount. It's like you need to know the secret handshake to get it added to your account. :rolleyes:

From their More Everything FAQ: