Considering used Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thebignewt, Nov 21, 2011.

1. thebignewt macrumors regular

For $600 I can buy a 2009 used 13" MB881 used by a university. I'm considering a Macbook Air also, because of the size , but it's way more $$ with a smaller drive (128gb vs 160 HDD). What I want to know is whether I can connect the Macbook to my iMac (running Lion) and directly transfer my photos to it. I'd also be interested in transferring music and movie content from iTunes (but I realize Apple frowns on that). Is the photo transfer doable? Thank a lot........

2. laptoplover2 macrumors member

$333.33 White MacBook?

That sounds like an awesome deal. I have the MacBook Late 2009, the unibody white one. I love it, it's an extremely awesome computer and it hasn't let me down yet.

3. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Where are you getting "$333.33"?

4. thebignewt thread starter macrumors regular

The Macbook is $600. These are leased for 2 years by educational institutions then resold with about 3-4 months of warranty left. They have upgraded RAM 4gb and HDD 160gb. My question was whether I could direct connect it to my iMac and transfer my photos to iPhoto. Anyone know the answer?

5. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I'm unsure if the firewire ports are compatible between your iMac and macbook but I would think you should be able to achieve this with the firewire, but don't take my word for it

6. flir67 macrumors 6502

yes you can share them on a wireless network. just put them into the public folder on macbook and share that folder on your network. then use the imac to open them in the public folder. works for me everytime...

or zipthem up in a folder and password protect it and do it the same way for privacy..

7. eman macrumors 6502a

Yes, you can transfer all your photos, movies and music between the two. Or, better yet, just use Carbon copy Cloner and clone your imac to your macbook and have everything the same.