Considring a 4.7-inch iPhone 7 might come, is it worth to buy the iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FallenLegend, Jul 18, 2016.

1. FallenLegend macrumors member

FallenLegend

I'm planning on buying the iPhone SE. But I just read that apple is planing on releasing an iPhone 7 on hat exact size. Considering that fact, is it worth buying an iPhone se?

2. Simche macrumors member

Simche

iPhone SE is definately worth of buying. Only thing you loose is 3D Touch basically, it'll probably last for a while to come.

iPhone 7 will also be a good choice with all the new bells and whistles but not that dramatic, I mean it's barely altering the design so...

3. GrandeLatte macrumors member

GrandeLatte

Wait to decide if you're not in a hurry.

I went ahead and got the SE because my old phone was seriously dated (4s).

Since I buy my phones unlocked and pay upfront, SE was a natural choice because it has all the new specs and is considerably cheaper. I think the 7 will be very expensive. For me, I wouldn't consider it.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

3D touch/Better front facing camera/Faster Touch ID is what you will not have with the SE. Other wise a good small screen iPhone

5. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Unless your current phone is broken you are better off waiting for the September announcement. Then, if you still want an SE get it.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 19, 2016 ---

Good choice, I have pretty much made up my mind that phone upgrades for me personally will no longer involve my carrier. I will either go the Apple Upgrade program or pay outright.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

The iPhone SE is going to save you a lot of money over the iPhone 7, so that's something to consider.

Also, 4.7" is the size of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. The iPhone SE is 4".

7. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Highly doubt Apple will release another 4" phone this year, so you'll be safe. But wait till after the ip7 announcement if you want.