Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FallenLegend

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
I'm planning on buying the iPhone SE. But I just read that apple is planing on releasing an iPhone 7 on hat exact size. Considering that fact, is it worth buying an iPhone se?

Simche

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2015
Europe
iPhone SE is definately worth of buying. Only thing you loose is 3D Touch basically, it'll probably last for a while to come.

iPhone 7 will also be a good choice with all the new bells and whistles but not that dramatic, I mean it's barely altering the design so...

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Wait to decide if you're not in a hurry.

I went ahead and got the SE because my old phone was seriously dated (4s).

Since I buy my phones unlocked and pay upfront, SE was a natural choice because it has all the new specs and is considerably cheaper. I think the 7 will be very expensive. For me, I wouldn't consider it.

Reactions: Simche

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
3D touch/Better front facing camera/Faster Touch ID is what you will not have with the SE. Other wise a good small screen iPhone

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006
Unless your current phone is broken you are better off waiting for the September announcement. Then, if you still want an SE get it.
[doublepost=1468932835][/doublepost]
Wait to decide if you're not in a hurry.

I went ahead and got the SE because my old phone was seriously dated (4s).

Since I buy my phones unlocked and pay upfront, SE was a natural choice because it has all the new specs and is considerably cheaper. I think the 7 will be very expensive. For me, I wouldn't consider it.

Good choice, I have pretty much made up my mind that phone upgrades for me personally will no longer involve my carrier. I will either go the Apple Upgrade program or pay outright.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
The iPhone SE is going to save you a lot of money over the iPhone 7, so that's something to consider.

Also, 4.7" is the size of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. The iPhone SE is 4".

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I'm planning on buying the iPhone SE. But I just read that apple is planing on releasing an iPhone 7 on hat exact size. Considering that fact, is it worth buying an iPhone se?

Highly doubt Apple will release another 4" phone this year, so you'll be safe. But wait till after the ip7 announcement if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.