General Consistent Cydia Errors - Help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GaresTaylan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. Up until a week or so after the jailbreak because available, I wasnt having any issues with Cydia outside of slow downloads. Now, everytime I launch cydia and it refreshes, I get this error:

"Failed to fetch
    http://apt.saurik.com/dists/ios/793.00/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/Packages.gz HTTP:/1.1 404 Not Found

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead."

Likewise, I keep having issues where I will be downloading a file and it randomly stops and I get 404 errors, broken pipe errors, posix errors, etc.

Outside of something like restoring, is there something else I can do to fix this?

iP5, iOS 6.1

2. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

It might be a result of installing a pirated or cracked version of an app or tweak. Maybe you ought to go through your tweaks and apps and remove them one at a time until it clears up; last resort would be a re-jailbreak.

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You can try using iCleaner and the "Cydia Sources" option to see if that fixes it. Do you have a ton of 3rd party sources installed? If so, having a bunch of those can cause problems although you usually get the "wow, you exceeded the number of..." message. Since you didn't get that I doubt that's the issue.