Console Download-Only Games Review & News

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gkarris, Dec 20, 2015.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Been into buying download-only games on consoles, as there are some great games out there where it wouldn't be cost effective to make a physical copy. Downloading through the console has been easier nowadays.

Please post your reviews or news about Download-Only games or content ONLY for consoles. Consoles such as XBox, Ninentendo, Playstation, handhelds or set-tops as well as micro-consoles (AppleTV, Shield, Ouya). Legally to purchase Retro-Emulated games as well (no pointers to illegal downloads obviously).

Any CONSOLE game that is available as download-only. It's hard sometimes to buy it and find out you don't like it. GOG and Steam games go in the PC games thread please. Also, no tablet/phone games as those have threads of their own.

Please post especially if there is a sale on a great game or a store has game cards on sale.

Thanks!

2. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

On sale this week at Target are the online pay cards for XBox, Ninentendo, Sony, and Google. Buy one get second 10% off.

Also, interestingly, I purchased TRON Evolution PSP for my Playstation TV months and months ago, and now this month the PS3 version shows up to download as a cross-buy. Interesting...

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was one of my favorite games this year on PS4. It tells a very sad and interesting story in a very unique way. Beautiful to look at, very slow and relaxing pace.

4. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Anyone play "Affordable Space Adventures" for Wii U? I just downloaded "FAST Racing NEO" and that is really great!

5. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Just a note I went to Target today to buy the Nintendo $10 download cards still on sale and they are charging Sales Tax on them. ???

I pay sales tax when I purchase the game from Nintendo.

They say it is a new rule in IL - all gift cards are now taxed.

6. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

So Many Me is particularly enjoyable on the Xbox One. I think it was a free offer via the Gold Members thing.

7. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Another great futuristic game is *finally* available on AppleTV:

AG Drive

[​IMG]

Also with FAST Racing Neo for Wii U and Wipeout HD for PS3 - great futuristic racing games!

8. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

my first console since the PS2, bought an XB1 this past December...

XB1 - Killer Instinct - amazing graphics and smooth gameplay
    XB1 - Borderlands(XB360) - backwards compatible for XB1, graphics look great

9. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

10. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Started buying some XBox 360 and PS3/4 digital only games.

MS has started making some of them XBox One compatible.

Just downloaded these:

Aces of the Galaxy - Rails game like Starfox (but no 3D areas) - fun for $5.
    Infinity Danger - great indie game twin stick shooter - great for $1.
    Shred Nebula - great 360 shooter for $5 - XBox One compatible.

Plan to ask for the ones I purchase to be XBox One compatible - great playing games with the Elite Controller.

This would also be a great place to review Switch and AppleTV download only games (just got a couple that work only with a game controller).