Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
The log shows a repetitive task that repeats every ten seconds and says:
com.apple.launchd[1] (atobdev.littlesnitchd)[266XX]Throttling respawn: Will start in ten seconds

Followed by:
com.apple.launchd[1] (atobdev.littlesnitchd)[266XX]Exited with exit code: 1

The 266XX number keeps getting larger everytime. This goes on forever. I have heard of a program called LittleSnitch, but I don't have it installed on my MacBook.

Attachments

• snitch.jpg
    snitch.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 107

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
are you sure you or anyone else hasnt installed Little Snitch? obdev means Objective Development who develop Little Sntich.

try looking for the com.obdev.littlesnitch.plist file in your home Preferences folder. this will tell us if it has been installed before.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Original poster
are you sure you or anyone else hasnt installed Little Snitch? obdev means Objective Development who develop Little Sntich.

try looking for the com.obdev.littlesnitch.plist file in your home Preferences folder. this will tell us if it has been installed before.
Obviously, LS was on a computer at one time. I might have migrated it over at some time.I tried to find what was causing it and deleted some oddball files I found. Now I get this in the Console:
2/18/08 8:25:46 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (at.obdev.littlesnitchd[31973]) posix_spawnp("/Library/Little Snitch/lsd", ...): No such file or directory
2/18/08 8:25:46 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (at.obdev.littlesnitchd) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

theodoretrout

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
it's a bit late - and might well have been answered elsewhere, but... i had the same problem:
The log shows a repetitive task that repeats every ten seconds and says:
com.apple.launchd[1] (atobdev.littlesnitchd)[266XX]Throttling respawn: Will start in ten seconds

Followed by:
com.apple.launchd[1] (atobdev.littlesnitchd)[266XX]Exited with exit code: 1
and stopped it by downloading the little snitch installer/uninstaller (and running the uninstaller!)
sorted (i believe for now...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.