CONSOLE ME PLEASE! Lots of Scratches :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fruitycups, Jul 21, 2011.

1. fruitycups macrumors 6502

hey guys, i was just doing a once over on my 3 month old 2.2 15 inch and i realized the bottom of the laptop has quite a bit of scratches. Maybe one small deep one and a couple light ones. Most of them are on the bottom plate (which is replaceable) but I also have these cm scratches that start from the bottom plate to the actually unibody part of the laptop.

im not a person that usually needs to be reassured but i would be lying to you if i said i wasn't a bit upset about it. i like to keep my machines in pristine condition so seeing these 10 scratches kind of upsets me.

did anyone scratch their new macbook pros yet? need the reassurance right now :apple:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Scratches and dents are common on MBPs, get a cover if it bothers you.
    Here's a picture to take your mind off it.
    [​IMG]

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If you're really worried, get a case. In any case, aluminum is reasonably soft, so it will scratch.

4. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

WTF do you set your computer on? Rocks? Perhaps you should consider cleaning up your workspace. Or lap.

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

my magsafe port looks like someone tried to eat it.

does that make you feel any better?

6. fruitycups thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm it just might.

trying to decide if i rather have a scratched up bottom or chewed up magsafe port

:D

7. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Get over it.
    Yes, I am sad when some of my Gadgets (including my MacBook) get scratched, but that's Life, I'd rather use them how they're supposed to be used instead of making them big and ugly with cases and crap to keep them how they were as new.

No, I'm not a gadget destroyer I actually take great care of them but I also don't plan to resell them so I don't really care about the normal wear they get after months/years of usage.

8. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Get one of those Speck cases.

1. You won't see the scratches anymore

2. You'll prevent it from getting further damage

And remember, the re-sell value shouldn't take TOO much of a hit... And the machine works perfectly, just how you bought it. What's done has been done, and you can spend your days worrying or you can think on the bright side!

9. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Seriously... wipe down your work station once in awhile. If you shuffle your MBP and hear a grinding sound like sand is under it, pick it up and clean your table and wipe the bottom of your MBP.

Not sure why kids these days need virtual parenting over the net. Don't people have common sense any more?

10. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

cases scratch your notebook more than they "protect" it.

11. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

This same thing happened to my old unibody macbook, I had a bunch of scratches on the bottom but nowhere else. Guess I should have wiped down my desk more :(

12. yauzers619 macrumors member

Laptops are tools, they are meant to be used on the go from new destination to another. It will get scratched, dented, and battered.

13. whooda4 macrumors newbie

It did the same to mine. It has a bunch of fine scratches on it. I got an iCarbons top and bottom film and love it. It protects most of the flat surfaces. it does not cover the sides but i can live with that.

14. fruitycups thread starter macrumors 6502

you could say that for everything though. Why post on a forum when you have a question when you could call the manufacturer. Im posting here because you guys also love apple products. I'm sure if i asked my mother or father to console me they would look at me with the wtf face. Im receiving reassurance from people who share a common like with me :D

but thanks for the replies guys! My past MacBooks were scratched and what not and i usually got over it. this is the first time i spent 2000+ on the macbook so its a bit more shocking. but yeah, i know you get over them later on. the first one always sucks though (or should i say first ones)

15. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

okay since it's already scratched up no point in protecting it now.

just use it longer... then when it's really beat up go on ifixit and buy the bottom casing and replace it.

then put invisible shield or bestskinsever on the the mbp.

16. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Really?

I haven't had that problem.

:D