Console Message Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by si77hay, Sep 2, 2009.

1. si77hay macrumors regular

Hello!

I have an issue where my iMac won't sleep automatically, via Energy Savings.

I've checked Console.app and within the DATABASE SEARCHES > Console Messages, I keep getting a repeating message:

02/09/2009 08:33:23 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[200] (com.seagate.notificationexec.plist) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

I've searched my iMac, but cannot find any reference to this file. Can anyone advise how I can resolve the issue? (ie stop this reoccurring message)

Thank you

2. mitm macrumors newbie

Suppress com.seagate.... warnings in log

I doubt this will fix your sleep issue. Just info on suppressing the warning

I noticed my system console is littered with these every 10 seconds. I havent found any info on this plist. I assume its for my internal iMAc hard drive (maybe). I was able to shut these messages off.
    open a terminal window.
    type: launchctl
    you will now be in the launchctl app. you can type list and hit enter and see a list of the dameons including the com.seagate one. you can also type help for a list of commands. One of the commands is log which controls logging level.
    I typed the command: log only emergency error critical alert and hit enter.
    The seagate message is a warning so you could add info, debug, and notice to the above list.
    Now this will turn off ALL warnings from daemons so keep that in mind.
    Ctrl-D to exit launchctl