CONSOLE messages mean

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blackxacto, Sep 17, 2009.

1. blackxacto macrumors 6502

blackxacto

G5/dual/2.0/3gigRAM/OSX58/Safari403

I am having trouble with Safari403 intermittently losing contact or getting to busy to connect to my COMCAST cable internet. Do the console messages below tell me anything I need to address? I do not know what they mean:

2849 9/18/09 1:37:38 AM /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent CPSPBGetProcessInfo(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

50 9/18/09 1:38:05 AM com.apple.coreservicesd NOTE: Using non-mach-based version of client -> server communication, via direct function calls.

2852 9/18/09 1:38:05 AM /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit CPSPBGetProcessInfo(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. I did not enable the OSX firewall, and I have disabled NetBarrierX, and I still get intermittent disconnection or "busy" beach ball turning.

John R
    :D

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That means the developer needs to update their code. It doesn't do anything to explain the crashes.

Arial Narrow has to be one of the ugliest fonts since Comic Sans MS. My eyes are watering after trying to read your post.

3. blackxacto thread starter macrumors 6502

blackxacto

narrow

Heheheheheheheeee, I never use styling in these forums. Now you have inspired me to go for broke!!!! Thanks for the tip on the developer note.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

(This is rather peripheral to the subject at hand, but Arial is in fact considerably older than Comic. Comic was developed for Windows 95, and Arial was released by Microsoft in the mid-80s I think.)