Consolidated MR Christmas Gift-pedia

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

This is a thread for gift suggestions for different members of your family. Instead of suggestions being in individual posts throughout this thread, the idea here is that all our suggestions are on ONE list. You are ALL allowed to add to this main list.

HOW THIS THREAD WORKS:

EVERYBODY who responds can add a gift idea to the list. You do this via the following steps:

1. Copy the entire list from the person who posted before you. Do this by going to "QUOTE", and then copying the list from there. This way, the links to the gift will still function!!
    2. Pasting it into your own post.
    3. Add your suggestion to the list.

The idea is that by copying the list into your post and adding your own suggestion, the most recent post (your post) will have the most up-to-date list. It'll also be categorized.

If there's a gift that falls into 2 or more categories (eg: sister, girlfriend), then put it under BOTH categories. Yes, list it twice.

If there's a gift that can be given to pretty much ANYBODY, male or female, young or old, then list it on the GIFTS FOR EVERYBODY category. :)

*****I'll make the next 2 posts to show you what I mean.********

2. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

---------------------------

GIFT FOR ANYONE:

MOTHER:

FATHER:
    Alcohol Gift Card - Fantastic if you don't know what to get grumpy old dad who has lots of things, and would like nothing more than to spend time with his family......and drink.

GIRLFRIEND:

BOYFRIEND:

BROTHER, MALE FRIEND:

Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards, particularly if you're getting it for someone who's still young, and you don't have a lot of money.

SISTER, FEMALE FRIEND:
    Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards.

GRANDPARENTS:

OTHER:
    Co-workers - Alcohol Gift Card - Can be cheap, say $10, and yet still a good gift for someone you know well at work, but not "really" well.....if you know what I'm saying.

3. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

GIFT FOR ANYONE:
    Planet Earth + Blue Planet Seas of Life DVD Box Set -- I think everyone would love this, although older people may appreciate it more. While I would have liked and enjoyed this gift when I was a teenager, I think it's better left for people who are a bit older, say in their 20s.

MOTHER:

FATHER:

Alcohol Gift Card - Fantastic if you don't know what to get grumpy old dad who has lots of things, and would like nothing more than to spend time with his family......and drink.

GIRLFRIEND:

BOYFRIEND:

BROTHER, MALE FRIEND:

Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards, particularly if you're getting it for someone who's still young, and you don't have a lot of money.

SISTER, FEMALE FRIEND:
    Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards.

AUNT/UNCLE:

GRANDPARENTS:

OTHER:

Co-workers - Alcohol Gift Card - Can be cheap, say $10, and yet still a good gift for someone you know well at work, but not "really" well.....if you know what I'm saying.
    Joggers - [URL="http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodshuffle/]iPod Shuffle[/URL] - Perfect for anybody who jogs when accompanied by a decent pair of earphones.

4. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Anyone think I should change the categories to be product categories?

Eg: Electronics, Cameras, Books, Music, Video Games, Clothes, Clothing Accessories, etc?

5. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

GIFT FOR ANYONE:
    Planet Earth + Blue Planet Seas of Life DVD Box Set -- I think everyone would love this, although older people may appreciate it more. While I would have liked and enjoyed this gift when I was a teenager, I think it's better left for people who are a bit older, say in their 20s.

MOTHER:

FATHER:

GIRLFRIEND:

BOYFRIEND:

BROTHER, MALE FRIEND:

SISTER, FEMALE FRIEND:

AUNT/UNCLE:

GRANDPARENTS:

OTHER:

Joggers - [URL="http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodshuffle/]iPod Shuffle[/URL] - Perfect for anybody who jogs when accompanied by a decent pair of earphones.
    Wii Owners - Super Mario Galaxy. Easily the game of the year.

6. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

>GIFT FOR ANYONE:
    >>Planet Earth + Blue Planet Seas of Life DVD Box Set -- I think everyone would love this, although older people may appreciate it more. While I would have liked and enjoyed this gift when I was a teenager, I think it's better left for people who are a bit older, say in their 20s.
    >>Starbucks Card-- good for people whom you can't think of anything more personal. It still is a nice gift, as everybody has a favorite drink from Starbucks

>MOTHER:
    >>A set of lotions and all that feminine junk from Crabtree and Evelyn or L'Occitane can be very nice. Just be sure not to buy one every year, as that depersonalises it. I don't think I can get away with it this year.

>FATHER:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Fantastic if you don't know what to get grumpy old dad who has lots of things, and would like nothing more than to spend time with his family......and drink.

>GIRLFRIEND:
    >>Since we're both into music, I'm getting her a set of CDs that I know she doesn't have but will love. Physical CDs are much more personal than an iTunes card.

>BOYFRIEND:

>BROTHER, MALE FRIEND:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards, particularly if you're getting it for someone who's still young, and you don't have a lot of money.

>SISTER, FEMALE FRIEND:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards.

>AUNT/UNCLE:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards.

>GRANDPARENTS:

>OTHER:
    >>Co-workers - Alcohol Gift Card - Can be cheap, say $10, and yet still a good gift for someone you know well at work, but not "really" well.....if you know what I'm saying.
    >>Joggers - [URL="http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodshuffle/]iPod Shuffle[/URL] - Perfect for anybody who jogs when accompanied by a decent pair of earphones.
    >>Wii Owners - Super Mario Galaxy. Easily the game of the year.

7. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

GIFT FOR ANYONE:
    >>Planet Earth + Blue Planet Seas of Life DVD Box Set -- I think everyone would love this, although older people may appreciate it more. While I would have liked and enjoyed this gift when I was a teenager, I think it's better left for people who are a bit older, say in their 20s.
    >>Starbucks Card-- good for people whom you can't think of anything more personal. It still is a nice gift, as everybody has a favorite drink from Starbucks

>MOTHER:
    >>A set of lotions and all that feminine junk from Crabtree and Evelyn or L'Occitane can be very nice. Just be sure not to buy one every year, as that depersonalises it. I don't think I can get away with it this year.
    >>Photo Book made using iPhoto. Since I'm studying all the way in Australia, I get my mother one of these for Christmas every year. She enjoys seeing any photos of me, which is nice.

>FATHER:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Fantastic if you don't know what to get grumpy old dad who has lots of things, and would like nothing more than to spend time with his family......and drink.

>GIRLFRIEND:
    >>Since we're both into music, I'm getting her a set of CDs that I know she doesn't have but will love. Physical CDs are much more personal than an iTunes card.

>BOYFRIEND:

>BROTHER, MALE FRIEND:
    >>Alcohol Gift Card - Can be a cheap gift that isn't as lame as some of the other gift cards, particularly if you're getting it for someone who's still young, and you don't have a lot of money.

>SISTER, FEMALE FRIEND:

>AUNT/UNCLE:

>GRANDPARENTS:
    >>Photo Book made using iPhoto. Fantastic gift for those who have grandparents that you don't see often. It's also rather personal, which grandparents enjoy.

>OTHER:
    >>Co-workers - Alcohol Gift Card - Can be cheap, say $10, and yet still a good gift for someone you know well at work, but not "really" well.....if you know what I'm saying.
    >>Joggers - [URL="http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodshuffle/]iPod Shuffle[/URL] - Perfect for anybody who jogs when accompanied by a decent pair of earphones.
    >>Wii Owners - Super Mario Galaxy. Easily the game of the year.