consolidating or merging 2 iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caunyd, Dec 1, 2013.

1. caunyd macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5, but I needed a jailbroken phone, so I had to switch back to my 4S. At the time I switched back to the 4S, I didn't sync the 4S with iTunes, because I was worried it would ruin the jailbreak on my 4S. Therefore when I switched back to the 4S, it didn't have the same photos, contacts, etc as the 5.

I have been using the 4S a while now, but now I want to switch back to the 5. I want to sync the 4S with iTunes. This is what I'm concerned about: I don't want anything from my lastest usage on the 4S to overwrite my last back-up on the 5 (which was done on 10/25/13). I also don't want my last iPhone 5 back-up on 10/25/13 to overwrite anything that I've done since switching back to the 4S.

Is there anyway I can consolidate or merge my 10/25/13 back-up with what's on my 4S now?

2. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

is it just the photo's your worried about keeping, and do you use a mac as your personal computer that the backups will be placed on?

if the answer is yes to both, simply use photo stream to back up all your pictures onto your computer off your 4s, then take your 5 and store from your previous 5 backup, and then upload the photo's onto your 5 via photo stream

3. caunyd thread starter macrumors newbie

g.t. rags.

I'm concerned about photos, videos, and text messages. I don't have a Mac computer.