Conspicuous lack of iPhone 4 cases/accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by carlosborge, Aug 29, 2010.

1. carlosborge macrumors newbie

I know that there are some cases out there, but there seems to be far fewer than you would expect at this point, at least in my admittedly limited search. No cases at all in any of the Apple Stores I've been in recently, no Powersupport films, no exercise sleeves, etc.

I know that Apple guarded the final design of this phone more closely than those of the past, but I would think that manufacturers had had enough time by now to produce and distribute the all the usual accoutrements we've come to expect with new product launches.

Sorry if previously discussed, but is there a reason for this or am I just imagining it?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

With the free case program in place a lot of manufacturers are holding back from releasing their cases and instead just doing their business online from their site.

Why charge someone $30 when they can get something similar for free....

For now if you want some cases then get them from their site or other sites like ebay for cheap ones that get the job done. At least Best Buy and other stores are carrying cases, but not Apple Stores.

3. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Yes I was surprised that the Apple store doesn't sell any cases. I went the other day while shopping at the mall. Was told by a rep "Apple doesn't sell cases because we give them out for free now"

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Other stores have a stunning lack of cases. Best buy, Radio shack, etc.