conspiracy theory apple and nvidia

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnsy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. johnsy macrumors 6502

So if every older generation macbook pro with 8600 video card will fail question remains- what do apple gets from it? Decreased reputation? Smaller sales? Increased repair costs? Loss of money in another words. So could it be then that apple and nvidia made a deal- Nvidia will supply Apple cheaper parts, way cheaper than for some other manufacturer and Apple will exclusively use only Nvidia parts (getting rid of Intel and ATI)?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How about you wait until we see some more updates? I have to say that nVidia's IGP and chipset solution on a single chip is the best one out there. Why not pick the best along with Intel's processors?

I can't really see it being much of a benefit on the iMac but it's a possibility. We might just see the PM45 on the iMac.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

One bad bunch of GPUs is hardly justification to totally get rid of dealing with nvidia. They have a long track record of making good graphics cards, as does ATI. I applaud Apple for ditching Intel graphics on the MacBook line because they simply make poo poo GPUs.