Conspiracy Theory - Mysterious CPW Cancellations (for security reasons)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mappyuk, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mappyuk macrumors newbie

Is anyone else suspicious about this. I ordered my 16gig iphone from CPW website mid afternoon on Monday (at that time the website was messed up with images not displaying etc). I got the confirmation of order and text message. Then in the evening got a cancellation email and message that my order is cancelled for 'security reasons'

When I called them they say that the credit check was fine and they can't tell me why it was turned down. I spoke to bank and they have not been contacted by cpw or made any transactions.

Carphone warehouse staff are clueless stating it could be due to me making too many transactions with them but I havent ordered from them before. Then saying they cant find out what the security issue is and even stating that some of the staff there have had their orders cancelled and dont know why it is.

Even worse they tell me that I am now barred from buying from CPW for the next 6 months due to me being a security risk!

I think the honest truth here is that they can't fulfill the stock so need a 'reason code' to cancel the order and the code they used was security issue as they can be vague about it. But i think it is totally out of order because it makes you paranoid about what the reason could be when I suspect there isnt any reason.

Not happy with this situation at all.

2. mappyuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Did this happen to anyone else?

3. MartinSFP macrumors newbie

Yes, that happened to me on Monday and yesterday (online) and today in store. Highly annoying. I'm ringing up to complain. CPW is on my way to work so was the only place I could get an iPhone before work. By the time I can get into the centre of Manchester (round 4pm) there'll be none left at the Apple and O2 stores.

Any more sufferers?

4. jr28uk macrumors newbie

I had this same problem yesterday, applied on line for 16gb around 2pm and then at 8.58pm recieved an email and a text saying my order had been cancelled "for security reasons"

Didnt know about now effectivly being barred from applying again at CPW for 6 months, is this correct.

Will this effect trying to buy from O2 directly?