Constant Airtunes drop outs. I can't figure out the problem! Help, please.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PecanEater, Sep 6, 2010.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I have constant drop outs while streaming music to my stereo by Airtunes. I can't figure out what the problem is. I've tested everything. I removed my wifi network from the mix and created a specific network only to stream music directly to the Airport Express. I have the same problem on two different Airports. I've checked all the connections on my stereo. I even moved the airport to a different location with my computer within 5 ft and checked using only headphone plugged directly into both of my airports. Still drop outs. If I set itunes to use both the Airport speakers and the laptop speakers, the music is perfect from the laptop speakers but continually drops out on the airport. By all these tests, I think I've narrowed it down to a problem with the connection between the computer and the airport. What can I do?!!! It's killing me.

2. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

You're probably getting interference on your Airport WiFi connection. Open AirPort Utility and go to the Wireless settings for your AirPort Express. Change the WiFi channel that it's using and see if you get any dropouts. Keep testing each channel until you find one that works.

3. willieva macrumors 6502

When my airport express was setup as WDS it would get dropouts. Other people have seen this as well.

4. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I figured it out. iStumbler was causing massive constant drop outs in Airtunes!

I was upgrading and trouble shooting my entire home wifi network when this problem came up. The entire time I was trying to figure out what was wrong, I had iStumbler open on my laptop. It must do something to the AirTunes streaming that I don't understand because it really f@#$s it up. It didn't impact the speed of my wireless internet but it made AirTunes streaming to an airport express unlistenable.