Constant beeping on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johngreene, Dec 29, 2009.

1. johngreene macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just got a new MacBook Pro for Christmas, and I wanna know if this is just me or for everyone else too.

Try to get in a quiet room with no sound or outside noises (a soundproof room would be good), and hold your breath (not really necessary but don't want the sound of breathing to interfere). With your MBP on and open, put one of your ears (whichever one you hear better with) practically on top of the keyboard, on the far left side above the number '2' key or somewhere close around there, and listen hard.

Do you hear a constant beeping at regular intervals? I don't know if this is normal or not. I am autistic so I pick up very little details easily, and this was annoying me since I turned the MBP on.

2. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Well I am not too sure, I listened for awhile, and nada, the only thing I heard was the hdd. sorry mate you might have an issue or an overly sensitive ear...?

Cheers

3. johngreene thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have the MacBook Pro 5.5? (The one they are currently selling on their website right now)

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I don't know about the beeping, but I hear a grinding sound as if the fan is catching on something along the way... Better get that looked at before the fan quits.

5. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Don't worry. Take it in to an Apple store if the beeping continues. They'll listen and may take a look, if you're adamant. That's been my experience and after all, it's an investment.

Good luck.

6. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

If you have to go through all that to hear it...