Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2021
Well here is a new one…

I was just watching a movie and started to hear this click and then five seconds later another click, and another so it just kept clicking. I thought it was from the movie sound track but turned it off anyway. The click still persisted coming from the iPhone 14 Pro Max back camera module.

This was the usual single click I heard from another app called Beastcam and you had the static with the clicking of the module next to your ear. I turned the phone off and then turned it back on again. Then I cleared all the apps from the phone which included Halide and the stock camera app. The last shot I took was from Halide from the 48mp sensor as I get the full file but compressed to 12mb. Even though I had the stock Apple app (no ProRaw) also open my gut tells me it is from that new 48mp sensor and Halide.

I have Halide open now and nothing is happening. I think it is somehow a software issue and this one looks to be complicated. Is the clicking doing damage? I’ll test things later but I don’t think so. I’m not taking it into Apple but continuing to use it and if it breaks I still have almost a year to turn it in.

I’ll just start this thread for anyone else that has this problem and we’ll will take things from there…

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2021
September 26.

Nothing has happened since. However, now I kill the program when finished with it.

BTW: That’s an odd question. Sort of the question an Apple tech would ask. 🤣

Vazor

macrumors regular
May 7, 2020
Haha yeah it is. The reason I ask this, is because it would be interesting to compare batches. I’m of the opinion that you should always wait about 4 weeks before receiving the latest iPhone or MacBook, exactly because of issues like this. I’m pretty sure changes in the production process are made after wide scale issues are reported.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2021
Tell you what guys:

I’ll turn both the stock app and Halide on and leave it on in the background. Let’s see if anything happens, though at his point I think it’s a one-off. Unless someone has heard of this before… 🤔

Haha yeah it is. The reason I ask this, is because it would be interesting to compare batches. I’m of the opinion that you should always wait about 4 weeks before receiving the latest iPhone or MacBook, exactly because of issues like this. I’m pretty sure changes in the production process are made after wide scale issues are reported.

I agree, but I was on vacation and bored so I became an early adopter. This is fun for me and I have a perfectly mirrored 12 PM if this bites the dust. I think this unit is proper but time will tell. No blurry images - the 48mp sensor rocks! Video is next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.