Constant crashing

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tmoenter, Jan 15, 2014.

1. tmoenter macrumors newbie

My ATV current gen, latest OS, crashes constantly when accessing my shared iTunes library over the network. I will be watching a show from my library and it will give the spinning wheel icon and flashing panel light and then goes to the Apple logo. After 30 seconds I am back at the home screen. I can pick up the video where I left off. More than once it has crashed just cursoring the home screen.

This all seems to be since the latest update.

I performed a hard reset and reinitialized all my settings. Still does it.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. cynics macrumors G3

I'd try restoring it. Plug it into iTunes via a micro USB and click restore.

3. tmoenter thread starter macrumors newbie

Still crashes after full restore.

I have two ATVs One 3rd gen that is the one that crashes, one 2nd gen that is working fine. I have hard reset the unit and reloaded the software. Still crashes regularly, even when cursoring across icons on the home screen. I have swapped in my gen 2 ATV for my main TV. Problem is that gen 2 is only 720p so Airplay mirroring from my macbook pro isn't as "spacious"

If nobody else is seeing crashing, maybe my 3rd gen ATV has developed hardware issues that make it crash. It sure is a PITA. I hate to be forced to buy another and junk this one, but I miss the 1080P support for AirPlay.