Constant difference in fan speeds

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Andy348, Aug 28, 2010.

  1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Location:
    Montreal
    #1
    I find 90% of the time I watch a YouTube video (standard def, normal sized) my MacBook gets hot and the fans spin up. Most of the time they'll go to ~4200rpm. Yet the other 10% of videos, I stay at 1800rpm and 50C. How is this possible? Both times I've just had Firefox open.

    Thanks
     
  2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

    Blondie :)

    Joined:
    May 12, 2010
    Location:
    Prescott, AZ
    #2
    The reason youtube video gets your computer is because youtube is flash video. For whatever reason, flash and macs play together, but not as well as they could. It's perfectly normal man.
     
  3. Andy348 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Location:
    Montreal
    #3
    I know that it will spin up. But why does it happen some times and not other times?
     

Share This Page