Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alj92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2015
Hello,

I just purchased my first Mac (retina macbook) and with it came a store credit which I used to buy my first AppleTV.

I am trying to use AirPlay to watch some of my favourite TV shows, but it constantly disconnects after a minute of two of playing.

I have AppleTV software 7.2, with a strong signal connection (4 of 5 bars - or dots), and no idea why I am having any issues. All other devices in my house run fine on the same network. I have not had any issues in Netflix or any other channel, only AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring.

I have never been more frustrated and fed up in my life with an electronic device.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what the issue may be and how I can fix it?

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Hi there, I bought my first Apple TV too few days back. Although I didn't experience any constant disconnection issue, I had some issues with airplay mirroring in terms of delays and stuttering. Turning off the bluetooth on my Apple TV resolved the issue. Sorry that I'm not addressing your issue directly...but it might be worth a try doing the same thing if to see if it takes care of your problem too. Let me know if it works. I know how frustrating it could be when new electronic devices act up. Hope you are able to fix it soon :)

alj92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2015
I had the same issue with Mirroring that you did. I was never able to fix that, and gave up using Mirroring. AirPlay worked well for the first couple tries, but the last couple days it is not even worth the time trying. I have looked online and found other people with the same issue, but no one has seemed to have an answer on what exactly the problem is.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Is your AppleTV on WIFI or hardwired? Just some general troubleshooting tips here as I do not know what the root of the problem is. While I do not mirror my MBP to my AppleTV, I do use airplay a lot and I have not had any issues.

AppleTV - Hardwired
iPhone/iPad - WiFi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.