Constant freeze-ups.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kyeris, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I had my phone jailbroken on 3.1.2 for a while (3G S). I was satisfied with it, although I decided to go clean on 3.1.3 and did a restore. Ever since this time I get constant freeze-ups in the SMS app. A few letters will type, and then it'll freeze up for at least 20+ seconds. I'll type on and it'll slowly add character by character and take minutes. If I add any more characters, it'll do the same; lag and then slowly catch up.

I end up using the power button and then force quitting the app, or just turning off the phone and turning it back on. Within an hour the problem will come back.

I'm on my third FRESH restore to 3.1.3. I have a few apps installed, most settings at default, and my mobileme account setup. That's it. No jailbreak. It occurs every time, after every fresh restore.

ANY ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it keeps doing it after clean restores then a trip to Apple
    for a replacement would do IMO.

3. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just never imagined anything hardware related causing problems like that..

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Yeah.. That's really weird.. Your not restoring from a backup are you??

I would also try a dfu restore

5. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope. Clean restore. The second time I went through DFU mode, although I didn't think it would have changed much.

6. aneks macrumors regular

My 3g is on 3.1.3 and it has been a constant pain in my balls. Freezes and locks all the time, then problem after problem. Since this weekend it refuses to connect to any wifi network. I had it JB then did a clean restore and it has been a real pain. Should have left it JB. Off to apple store today to get them to do something. Seeing as it was a soft unlock there will be no reason to beleive the 'genius' will ever know it was JB'ed. Gonna make em fix it or give me a new one.