Constant Freezing on ML

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Rian Gray, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

Somehow I am experiencing almost daily basis freezing problem on ML.

I didn't see any problems on Developer's version(=beta), so at some point I had believed either new Chrome version or USB drivers or even Parallels must be faulty. Those three 'suspects' were the ones that I was using when my mac froze.

Freezing itself seems also rather obscure, due to my short experience in Mac environment I have never seen actual PC-like freeze on mac. (All I am really familiar with is kernel panic) And somehow I guess I had experienced three different kinds of freeze.

1. I had all of the things stopped running very slowly. Simply put, keyboard and magic mice suddenly stopped working and then everything on the monitor stopped working. When I tried to press restart using logitech mice, mice did work, yet Apple icon on the top left was unresponsive.
    2. My mac literally stopped working, only the mice and the clock were running.
    3. Finder was unresponsive. When I tried relaunching finder, it did launch, however, finder was still unresponsive.

Several posts from mac rumors and Apple support forums were suggesting the glitch has to be GPU driver, yet I wonder why freezing is so randomly occurring on my mac. And if it is possible to avoid using HD3000 temporarily, I wonder why no one really seems to have found a temporary solution to this widely spred freezing problem.

2. iOrbit macrumors 6502a

do you use airplay mirroring/apple tv?