Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
constant "Install java 6se" notification keeps popping up randomly.

The options are "not now" or "install"

I don't have java on my mac, and I don't want it.

How do I stop this notification? It's really annoying.

please and thank you.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It sounds like you are running some app that needs Java to run. Does it do this at boot or other times? What apps to you have set to start at boot?

Crashplan for example uses Java and will prompt like that when you start the app.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I had this same issue today. I don't have Java installed, but it seems as if the Java updater requires Java to run. :rolleyes: The console showed the following error:

launchctl[20885]: launchctl: Couldn't stat("/Library/LaunchAgents/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist"): No such file or directory

I'm guessing the uninstall didn't complete correctly. I manually uninstalled everything via the Terminal and the prompts and console messages went away.

It sounds like you are running some app that needs Java to run. Does it do this at boot or other times? What apps to you have set to start at boot?

Crashplan for example uses Java and will prompt like that when you start the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.