Constant iPhone Alerts That I Don't Care About

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rrm74001, May 23, 2014.

1. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

This has probably been asked before, but I could not find anything.

Is there a way to make my iPhone stop constantly alerting me that "enabling WiFi will improve location accuracy" and that it "has not been backed up in 2 weeks"? Getting super annoying.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I haven't found a fix for this either, but I really hate it. I know turning on wifi will increase location accuracy, now of away because I don't care.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I agree that's one of the alerts that bug me. I have wifi off for a reason, please don't nag me on it.

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

Agreed! Also, the obtrusive "your iPhone battery is at 20%" messages are super annoying. I know that perfectly well k thx :mad:.

5. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Apple sure loves that location accuracy. Wonder why.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Ask the CIA:)

7. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

More like the NSA. I need a new tin foil hat :)

8. cynics macrumors G3

It would be nice to turn this off. On a CDMA iphone I find "Data not available during this call" to be VERY annoying. Battery warnings are obnoxious too.

9. divergirl macrumors regular

The one that annoys me the most by far is the "Cellular Data is Turned Off for "<App Name>" message.

It's like "Duh! I turned it off for a REASON! Maybe I don't need you reminding me every freaking time that cellular data is turned off for my Calculator app when I use it while not on Wi-Fi.

The most annoying thing is that Spotify pops up with that message every single time I initially open the app even when I'm on Wi-Fi. Someone explain that one to me… :confused: *facepalm*

10. Abba 701 macrumors regular

They could put banner alerts for the battery and wifi.So at least it dosent stop what your doing.Maybe it will be introduced in ios 8.

11. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

YES! I hate that too. Google hangouts also gives me that message even when I'm on wifi like spotify does to you.

12. rrm74001 thread starter macrumors regular

rrm74001

Still happening in iOS 8. So dumb.

Add a checkbox: "Don't show again". Check. Done.

13. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

They don't care. It's been this way since iPhone Uno. The most annoying one is in Mail when there's no connection. It throws TWO alerts per mailbox. So if you have 10 mailboxes, you have dismiss the damn thing TWENTY TIMES. It's Apple's way of saying "F you pal, we've got your monies"