Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dharmasarc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Ho guys,

I am not sure if this is an iOS or network issue but I have a spinning loading icon constantly when I'm on the home screen. It must be doing something because it is draining my battery but no idea what is?

Anyone help?

apple412

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2017
Its an iOS issue. Ive noticed the only way to shut it off is to press the power button to make the phone sleep. This is draining my battery as well. I just reset my network settings and so far the wheel isn't spinning....help us apple

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Hard reset (press and release volume up then press and release volume down then hold the power button down until you see the  logo on the iPhone 8/8plus) worked for me so far.

xxjonoxx

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
This happens to me many times on IOS11. Not sure what causes it, but holding down the home button to activate Siri stops it from spinning. It goes away immediately when you close Siri.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Same thing happened to me at first when I upgraded my iPhone 6. I also couldn't get the App Store to open. But I just essentially "rebooted" (power off/on) and it cleared up the spinning wheel and my App Store problem.

IOS 11 seems to work just fine on my iPhone 6 now. (knock wood and stuff).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.