Constant page crashes on a ssl site what can I do?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mellofello, Nov 14, 2014.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

Myself and 3 other coworkers all ordered 6+ at the same time. We work out in the field and need a steady stream of information from our companies secure Web site.

I have been using this site for years on my android phone, and was usually only requires to login once or twice per day. On my 6+ any time I leave the page I am forced to log back in through 3 screens. This occurs whether I switch apps, use the phone, or even sometimes when the phone goes to sleep.

I would chalk this up to just a super annoying attribute of low ram on the 6+ however my 3 other Co workers do not have the issue. They all can go to other tabs, apps, use the phone etc, and come back to being still logged in.

Any ideas what could be causing this?I have tried closing all apps and restoring phone and still no luck.

2. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

3. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure what the correct term is. It is extremely annoying though to the point that I may go back to my note in order to avoid it.

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

OK, so it's nothing to do with SSL, and there's no page crashing going on – you might want to have a think about the thread title.

What you have is an authentication issue. Typically when you go to a website that requires authentication you provide your credentials in one of two ways:
    1. The website uses session cookies to maintain your authentication tokens
    2. The website identifies you as an authenticated user with blocks of characters in the URLs that it generates (not common)

Since you are being booted out of the site periodically it is unlikely to be the latter, unless there's a programming fault with the site itself. That is entirely possible.
    Sessions expire after a predetermined time of inactivity that is set by the website's programmers. For example, 20 minutes is not unusual. If you keep visiting the site with no gaps longer than that amount, you won't be required to re-authenticate.
    It is possible that your colleagues visit the site more frequently than you do, which will keep them logged in. It's also possible that their credentials are being maintained in permanent cookies. You could try setting the Block Cookies to Always Allow to see if that makes a difference.
    Have a word with the people who developed your website. They should be able to tell you for sure.