Constant uninstall/reinstall to sync iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by genie500, Aug 15, 2010.

1. genie500 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I recently bought an iPhone 4 and a couple days later bought Leopard for my Macbook (since I was running Tiger). At first, my iphone 4 connected to my iPhoto but not my iTunes and I searched numerous threads here to try to remedy the problem. I restored my phone, reset it, used different USB cords/ports, until finally I (thought) I came to a solution: Uninstalling/Reinstalling iTunes.

It worked for my first sync but the attempt has been futile for subsequent syncs (after I restart my laptop and want to try it again). I have to keep uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes in order to sync my iphone but obviously I do not want to keep doing this.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.3, iTunes 9.2.1 and have an iphone4. Is there a setting that I need to check in order for my phone to sync? Any general advice?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. genie500 thread starter macrumors newbie

updated to 10.6.4 and no success :(

the apple experts weren't much help, either. it might be hopeless for me :/

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you were on Tiger and updated to Leopard, how come you're running 10.6.4? This is Snow Leopard. Do you mean 10.5.4? Then update to 10.5.8.

I'd rather install Snow Leopard (Is it an Intel Mac?) or Leopard (PowerPC) freshly and try that. I guess something just messed up your USB configuration in Tiger, and you carried that with you when updating to (Snow) Leopard.

And don't use your keyboard's USB ports, but that would lead to a popup saying "The USB device draws too much power", I guess you would have noticed that.