Constant white screen after bootcamp setup!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by The.316, Sep 12, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

My 20" iMac was giving me issues, so when I received my 27", I decided to do a full restore on the 20". I then updated the machine to its newest updates, and then ran bootcamp. Everything was fine until I had to restart and install Windows. Now, I am just getting a white screen, and its not responding to any key gestures. I tried to hold down D on startup, with the iMac install CD in it, and nothing happened. Tried it with C to, and again, nothing happens. I get a folder icon with a ? in it, and thats all. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Do you have any other harddrives or USB devices hooked up? I had those same symptoms when I accidentally left in a USB harddrive attached. The computer would search through that external for an OS, which is what caused the hang up.

3. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Just my USB keyboard. I am now getting a triangle with an exclamation point in it. HELP!!!!!:eek:

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

My guess would be a harddrive failure. When you can't boot into your os like that..that is the likely culprit. Easiest thing to do do would be to just replace the harddrive. Does that machine still have warranty?