Constantly asking for password

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by The Tos, Dec 12, 2016.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Hello All, iOS and MacOS is constantly asking for my Yahoo password. Any ideas to why? Sorry if this has been asked already, tried to do a quick search but didnt see anything.

2. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Are you browsing in Private Mode? Do you have cookies blocked? Do you use a VPN?

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

No to all of the above.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Might be a Yahoo! thing, have you tried looking on their support site or contacting them?

5. KG87 macrumors newbie

I have also been receiving prompts to re-enter my password in a large number of my apps. Around the same time, I began receiving a notification to enable read receipts each time I open an iMessage and my visual voicemail has defaulted to only letting me call my voicemail and enter a PIN. Apps that have enabled Touch ID login also keep defaulting to making me manually enter my password. This is all on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 10.1.1.

6. sngx1275 macrumors regular

sngx1275

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I get this pretty regularly and it is ALWAYS yahoo. Keychain even has my Yahoo password, I had keychain generate it for me so of course I don't remember it, I always have to open up the passwords in Safari and drag that where I can see it, then type it in the Internet Accounts System Preferences. Its a big PITA. This happens regardless of which Mac I'm using (although it hasn't happened yet on my 'new to me' 2015 MBP in Sierra).

7. Ray2 macrumors 6502a

One of the reasons I left Yahoo ages ago. All my email accounts would work except Yahoo. Had to constantly enter a password. Go to check my portfolios, same nonsense over and over again.

8. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

My yahoo is the opposite it even still works without asking for a password after I changed my yahoo password on my computer but not entered it on the iOS email app yet or been promoted too

9. zone23 macrumors 68000

All of my stuff has been asking for my password this morning. I have been logged out of iCloud Keychain, had to log back in.