Constantly Checking for App Updates?

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
California
Am I the only one who keeps checking my purchased apps for updates in hopes they revise it for the denser 6 Plus screen? I don't mind the zoom but the keyboard makes me feel like I'm in special accessibility mode sometimes.

I'm an update fiend.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Being an update fiend is less of a 'requirement' now that we have auto app updates.

I will say that while Apple blindsided developers with the resolution changes, I'm a little surprised some of the bigger developers are dragging their feet.

(I'm looking at you Snapchat, Instagram & Faceobok)

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
California
Being an update fiend is less of a 'requirement' now that we have auto app updates.

I will say that while Apple blindsided developers with the resolution changes, I'm a little surprised some of the bigger developers are dragging their feet.

(I'm looking at you Snapchat, Instagram & Faceobok)

True but I like to review my updates before I dive in.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
The worst is when you see an update, click on it to reveal the information and it's says "Support for iOS8". But it doesn't say anything about optimization for iPhone 6. I rage every time.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Nope. To busy doing my daily bend test.
LOL! Well I guess I have too much time on my hands but I check for app updates right after the bend tests :p

One of my apps stopped working with the iOS 8 update and I wrote to the company that developed it and was told that they had submitted their new version but it was taking time to be approved by Apple. Wonder how many apps are already updated but still awaiting Apple's approval?

furbzv1

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2014
im guilty of this.. might be because i was on Android for the last 5+ years

*goes to check to see if something needs an update*

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Constantly checking for app updates in hopes they revise it for the denser 6 Plus screen?
Nope, I buy the S version of iPhones so I don't have to worry about those annoying growing pains that you guys have to. Just smooooth sailing for me comparatively :cool:

brianjsw

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I hope in three months or so Apple will draw a line in the sand and not allow any new apps or app updates that don't support the native resolutions of the new iPhones.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
The worst is when you see an update, click on it to reveal the information and it's says "Support for iOS8". But it doesn't say anything about optimization for iPhone 6. I rage every time.
I know right, there was a Facebook update a few weeks ago but no iPhone 6 optimisation :(

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
I know right, there was a Facebook update a few weeks ago but no iPhone 6 optimisation :(
They actually made a blog post about that in there site. Stating that they have iPhone 6 /6+ update coming in the "coming weeks". That was posted at the end of last month. So the update in question should be hitting the App Store next week.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
Nope, I buy the S version of iPhones so I don't have to worry about those annoying growing pains that you guys have to. Just smooooth sailing for me comparatively :cool:
AKA: I'm on the opposite cycle and slightly salty there's a new phone out.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
no im constantly looking for fast moving things so i can slo-mo them.
Try recording lighting a match in slow-mo. It's way cool. :)

----------

They actually made a blog post about that in there site. Stating that they have iPhone 6 /6+ update coming in the "coming weeks". That was posted at the end of last month. So the update in question should be hitting the App Store next week.
Hopefully the update includes "making the app not suck turds through a straw at high speed. Or rather low speed because it's slow as balls, even on an iPhone 6."

andyw715

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2013
Well hopefully the major players are actually updating their apps to provide additional functionality to go along with the larger screens (ala ipad vs phone apps) instead of just making it not look 2x zoom mode.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Hopefully the update includes "making the app not suck turds through a straw at high speed. Or rather low speed because it's slow as balls, even on an iPhone 6."
this! their app has gone in a downward spiral since they've "revamped" their app a good while ago.

keep it simple stupid (facebook)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.