iPhone Constantly crashing...logs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by d4m1r, Feb 14, 2014.

1. d4m1r macrumors regular

d4m1r

Hey guys, I am currently running 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4 (jailbroken) and I THINK springboard is constantly causing my iPhone to crash....

5.0.1 was solid as a rock but since updating months ago for a worthless "battery fix", my phone crashes (small reboot, sometimes going into safe mode) 2-3 times a day just from normal use. Now, would there be any error logs saved on the device somewhere? I was hoping to connect it to my PC via USB, look at text error logs, and try to fix the cause of some of them....Do they exist (for redsn0w, cydia, springboard, etc) and where can I find them?

I jailbroke it using redsn0w if that makes any difference and thanks in advance!

2. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

Crash logs can be found in
    Settings>General>About>Diagnostics & Usage>Diagnostic & Usage Data

Crash logs are also automatically transferred to your computer when syncing with iTunes.

3. d4m1r thread starter macrumors regular

d4m1r

I did see some in there but they are most for the stock applications/apps (mail, itunes, official facebook, etc). Where are the logs for the jailbroken side? Because something relating to the jailbreak is for sure causing this.....

Also, how do I access the error logs through iTunes once I connect my iPhone to my PC?

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Install crash reporter from cydia then next time it crashes you will be able to look in the app to see what is causing the phone to crash/respring

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

they get saved to %appdata%\roaming\apple computer\logs\crashreporter\mobiledevices when you sync to your pc

6. d4m1r thread starter macrumors regular

d4m1r

Oddly enough, I am crashing less now with Crash Reporter installed....Also, it seems the Facebook app is the one causing 90% of my crashes? I just browse normally with it and it just constantly closes itself at random times...

OR, could it be that I sync'd my iPhone recently so my phones stopped crashing so much? Previously to connecting it recently, it wasn't connected (and therefore error logs weren't unloaded from it) in at least 12 months.