Constantly getting this error on my iPhone since the forum update.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by APlotdevice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

image.jpg

I rarely get it anywhere else, but on this site, since the move to the new forum software, I've been getting it constantly. Like almost every time I go to reply.

Is it problem with the forum or my phone? Any ideas on how to fix if the latter?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried closing out all tabs (including Private ones, if any) and clearing out you Safari cache/data to see if that might help? Perhaps resetting network settings on your phone if that doesn't work for some reason?

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Ugh, @APlotdevice, I've been experiencing the same thing—since before MR migrated to Xenforo. Mine started when I updated to iOS 8, so I assumed it has something to do with that, but this thread suggests otherwise. Here's to hoping for an admin/staff member response.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I run iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5s and rarely experience these crashes. Try removing forums.macrumors.com data in the Safari preferences.

5. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

@redheeler, I did that shortly after my OP and will report back later.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

With my ipad 2 under vbulletin that error message was showing itself regularly. With the forum update, I haven't noticed it. I did get this error once on my 5s since the update, and haven't had it since.

7. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

It usually means you're out of RAM. close all safari tabs and/or all applications in the bakground.

8. OsideRida06 macrumors member

I get this same problem all the time on the 6+ even if it's the only tab open. I don't think it has ever happened on any other site, and it just started when the forum software changed. It would be amazing if you guys could fix this.

9. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I also started getting this same exact error (and page reloads) on my 6+ since the forum update. Never had it before or experience it in any other site/forum.

For me, closing all tabs and apps, clearing Safari data / cache and even restarting the phone do nothing.