Constantly have to reconnect to Wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DashSatan, Dec 8, 2016.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

So I wasn't sure where to post this issue but I've tried contacting Apple Support and they weren't able to help. For some reason, when I'm at work my Wifi stops working almost every 5 minutes. Whatever page I'm on in Safari will freeze up and the load bar will stall. It'll only fix itself after I turn wifi off and back on again and then refresh the page. This ONLY happens with my work wifi. My MacBook works completely fine when I'm home.

Does anyone have any thoughts on fixes? Apple had me create a separate create a new Location through Networks in System Preferences, but it didn't fix anything.

If it helps I have a mid-2015 MacBook Pro 15". Any help would be appreciated, it's so annoying to constantly have to turn my wifi off/on again.

2. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

YES! It's been horrible lately, and I'm fighting it right now.
    (Edit to add: I just realized this is in the mac forum, my problem is IOS)
    It's been going on for months.
    2 weeks ago I installed AdGuard, and my problems went away for 2 whole weeks. Today they started up again.
    It's usually worse if I'm streaming internet radio. I've asked the IT help desk and they don't know, they say they always have problems with wireless and Apple products. It's probably something having to do with the type of security they're using.
    So I'm no help at all, but it's nice to know others outside of this company see the same thing. I'm actually posting this using my phone as a hotspot, only way to get out to the internet.

3. jerryk macrumors 68040

Since it only happens at work, maybe you should talk to the work IT people and see if anything changed. They might have done something like install new Access Point/routers without doing a site survey to verify no issues with the RF signals. I have seen this done time and time again in commercial and home installations.