Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
In the last few days when I open up a browser it says its not connected to the internet. I can't ping google for example but my wireless connection is fine and the Airport Base Station has a green light.

When I open Safari it complains I'm not on the internet so I click the Network Diagnostics button which pops up, shows 2 red icons showing I'm not on the internet, asks me what wireless connection I want and then all of a sudden the icons go green and says my settings have changed and I'm good to go.

Why would it suddenly start doing this? The only thing I can think of is the fact I did a software update.

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid
Sys Prefs > Network > Advanced > TCP/IP > Configure: using DHCP, see if that works. If you are connected but have no connectivity it usually means you don't have your IP properly set up.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I've tried turning Airport on & off and it works for a bit but when the iMac wakes from sleep I have to start again.

DHCP is what its setup to do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.