Constantly opening search when swiping

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CAWjr, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I installed iOS7 last night. I am not a developer, so this is my first experience with it. So if this has been discussed, my apologies.

Since installing, the one thing that has stood out the most is that search keeps getting pulled down when I swipe. I hold my phone in my right hand & swipe with my thumb. The swipe is more diagonal from top right to middle left, as is my thumb's natural rotation. As a result, search keeps getting pulled down instead of the next page coming up. It's annoying & while I am sure it is something I will get used to or learn to adjust to, it seems like it is hyper sensitive to how horizontal or vertical your swipe is. I would think that side to side would go well past 45* swiping while up & down swiping would be a lot tighter to 90*.

I can't be the only one having this issue.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I thought you might be right so I tried to replicate your problem.

Lets pretend you have 16 icons on your screen

1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16

I have to swipe from #4 to #14 before that happens, even a 45deg movement #4 to #13 doesn't trigger it for me, which means the initial movement of my finger has to be more down than across. If My thumb moves in an arc, starting horizontal and ending vertical it still swipes pages. Pay attention to how your thumb is moving.