Constantly resetting Energy Saver settings?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by matthewtoney, Mar 9, 2015.

1. matthewtoney macrumors regular

matthewtoney

Kinda strange - I've just made a few hardware changes and had the Mac Pro opened up, but now I'm finding it resets to the "defaults" for the Energy Savings settings every time I boot up. Its not a killer problem as I can just go change them to what I want and it sticks until the next reboot but its not something I've seen it doing in the past. Anyone else seen this exact thing and know what caused it or what you did to fix?

I've deleted the energy saver plist file, done a couple of SMC resets, etc. - no difference so far. This is on 10.10.2 with my 2009 5,1 I have *not* done a PRAM reset since I'm running both trim enabler and a pair of GTX 970 cards - I'll PRAM reset if I have to but that's a pain since it'll require pulling it out again and swapping in a GT120 for one of the 970 cards until I get all the PRAM settings back the way they go. Does any power saving stuff get saved in PRAM?

2. matthewtoney thread starter macrumors regular

matthewtoney

Just did a "nvram -p" - doesn't look like there's any power or energy-savings stuff in there to me...