Constantly restoring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cdrwinston, Nov 12, 2011.

1. cdrwinston macrumors regular

I have the iPhone 4 and have successfully updated to iOS 5 and jail broke using redsnow. But as I add apps from Cydia and then reboot my phone will get stuck at the pineapple screen during that boot process. I check the apps before installing them to make sure they are ios 5 compatible but I still get this problem. The only thing I have found to correct it is to restore and that is a pain!! I have restored at least 5 times over the past 2 days. Is this normal? Are there any alternatives to restoring? What else can I try because this is getting to be ridiculous. Thanks!

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

The jailbreak for iOS 5 is tethered. When you reboot your phone you need to use, I believe it's RedSnow, and choose just boot tethered right now.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yes!!!! I have the same exact issue. It's really pissing me off. I've updated to 5.0.1 and im switching to ultrasnow. these redsnow betas are a bit crappy.

----------

Yeah, that doesn't work. I mean it does work if you're just rebooting your phone, but if your phone freezes after installing a cydia app and you try to reboot, your phone is bricked and you have to restore. i thought i was the only one experiencing this.

4. cdrwinston thread starter macrumors regular

So does that work for you now? I've tried to restore to 5.0 but now I'm getting the "your device is not eligible for this build" error. I'm getting very frustrated at this point.

5. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

You won't be able to downgrade/restore to 5.0 now that 5.0.1 is out.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah you won't be able to use 5.0 now. And i have not yet successfully jailbroken 5.0.1, im having some trouble with it. So currently im not jailbroken and its very annoying.

7. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

You haven't successfully jailbroken it? Are you a dev? there is no jailbreak for 5.0.1 and there most likely won't be one since the exploit is closed.

8. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Can you say for certain tat 5.0.1 will never be jailbroken? Is this end for jail breaking then?? (or did you mean to say 'most likely won't be one SOON'?? Because I am sure they will figure it out given time!)

9. cdrwinston thread starter macrumors regular

I have the 5.0 download file, are you saying that you can't click option restore and choose the iOS 5.0 file? You could do that in the past correct? Wow!! I am really upset. I can't even use redsnow to do it? I'm still on 5.0 and I still see my Cydia apps they just don't work anymore. I have tried "just boot" several times in redsnow and thy still don't work.

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

11. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Try doing a google search before posting something stupid? k thanks.

12. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I tried today to restore to 5.0 and couldn't. I assumed it was because 5.0.1. Apple is really annoying all of us jailbreakers. Im considering jumping to Android just because you don't need to jailbreak (or root) unless you want to install custom roms. Still, its far more easy and quick to jailbreak Android than iOS. I fear that jailbreak will soon disappear because of Apple strict policy against it.

Having to wait months for a untethered jailbreak is a pain. I appreciate the efforts of the jailbreak community, of course. Im blaming Apple on this.