Constantly wiping front AND back of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Went from a 2nd gen iPhone to the 3GS. Now I find myself trying to keep both sides clean! Probably should look into a case but I love how the phone looks. :p

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You'll stop in a week or so. Actually, it took me longer than that, but I haven't really cared about fingerprints and smudges for a very long time. ;)

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Dirt/fingerprints/oil/waxy yellow buildup -VS- a case

...decisions...decisions - but ultimately yours.

4. OnTrack Studios macrumors regular

OnTrack Studios

I think I gave my 3GS a quality wipe down once the entire time I owned it. It looked brand new after though. iPhones clean up nicely!

5. Halamolo macrumors regular

Yes the plastic back is smudge&sweat magnet! Oh why they couldn´t have done a matte back option for the 3GS! WHYYY!!!!???!!!?!? :(

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

The white one doesn't show smudges at all. ;)

7. Ben C. macrumors member

Ben C.

Incipio Feather for the back... all set! Matte black, smudgeless, and remarkably scuff proof. Then you'll just be back to obsessing about screen cleanliness :p

8. crzy4ifone macrumors newbie

The fingerprints will drive me nuts :eek:so I got a case and a screen protector.

9. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

It's too bad the black looks better!:p

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Sounds like you owned it for more than a week :rolleyes:

11. thecellar macrumors regular

i did that when i had my black 3g, .... i looked like a dummy always wiping my phone.....this time i went with the white. Now i just look like a dummy who doesnt constantly wipe his phone

12. Jamz00 macrumors member

I have a matte case on my phone. I keep a microfiber wipe in my car so I can give it a wipe before and after I go out and be social. So many people want to play with the new iphone it accumulates a lot of grease and finger prints at the end of the night. I'm not obsessive though.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Crystalfilm antiglare screen protector, or Stienheil(sp) antifingerprint. They are great.

14. daonesteven macrumors 6502

i'm probably one of the most OCD when it comes to fingerprints on my 3G. I used to have a black matte incase slider that hid all fingerprints and it was swell until I decided I wanted to get rid of bulky cases and try invisible shields. The IS back shows a lot of fingerprints and dust attraction which I'm finding myself wiping off at least a couple times a day. The front, I ended up installing the Power support AG shield, and for fingerprint phobia fanatics like me, it's a god-send.

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Well, until it's actually handled, anyway ;)

But I agree - I definitely prefer the look of the black one. :(

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

:D <<-- Me reading this post.

I put the ifrogz case from the AT&T store (matte orange) on my 3G S today. I actually took my BSE shield off to make it fit and because there was a fairly large air bubble that wasn't going away.

The case looks awesome. I never used a case on my original or my 3G but I love this one.

See it here.

17. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Thats why i picked up the Air Jacket and Power Support Anti-Glare Crystal Film set. I was becoming too anal/tired of keeping my previous 3G clean and even sometimes inadvertently scratched the bezel from all the quick wipes

With the Jacket/Protector i can go weeks without any cleaning. Matte finish on both back & front ftw.

18. sgiles1 macrumors newbie

I think you posted this to the wrong forum, but I'll give you my advice anyway. Although wiping front and back (front TO back, to be precise) is correct procedure, doing it constantly will cause chafing and may lead to infection. Ymmv.

19. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

:confused:

20. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac