Construction and Strength of the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigBeast, Sep 29, 2014.

1. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

So MR decided to bury my real world results showing the bending of my iPhone 6 Plus. Go here to see it Buried iPhone photos. This'll take you to page 9 of an unrelated thread– my first post is about 3/4 of the way down. It was already building quite a few comments.

Also, if you think MR buries issues that it doesn't like, feel free to vote up this comment. I'd like to see how many votes we get before this thread is buried or deleted completely.

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Not sure why we needed a new thread for this. MR does not bury posts, in fact they want as many posts as they can get to multiply their ad revenue. Comments and posts get posted in succession in a first come, first served method. If your comment is on page 9, any comments after that will be on sequential pages. Any comments before page 9, will appear before it. The only person burying your comments is you commenting late on a post.

It's quite basic common sense. But if you still are having a hard time comprehending this concept, google the definition of sequence or sequential. Might be a good place to start.

3. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

If they wanted as many posts as possible, then they wouldn't ever merge threads would they?

My thread was 3 pages long within 5 minutes after I posted it, with people actually agreeing that this may be a problem. Not only that, this is actual real-usage proof– a point of contention among MR readers that there aren't any posts of people with bent phones. Well I documented mine and posted about it. Why then, would my thread be merged with another of a guy destroying his phone deliberately bending it near the volume buttons?

Your contempt though, is quite as strong as many others around here. You should feel quite at home with your head in the sand. Others with an open mind may actually be interested in the proof I am trying to show.

4. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

One of the 0.0003 percent

Que the outrage
    This sure looks like attention seeking

Samsung getting desperate

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

They merge threads because people like you create unnecessary posts about the same topics posted 11 or 12 times without doing a simple search beforehand. Redundancy is unnecessary.

6. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

How can there simultaneously be redundant posts of real-world results while MR commenters that say no one posts pictures of real-world results?

7. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Cue the outrage

Post your pictures here

http://www.oneofthenine.com

Number 24

Oh just think of all the hundreds of thousands of bent phones

8. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

We don't need 15 threads on bent iPhones. There's already a thread about it. Post your stats there. Stop whining here. All I'm saying.

9. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

All you did a few days ago was continue to ask me to post proof of my bent phone, which I repeatedly told you I had already bent back in place. Now that I've posted the proof you so crave, it's insignificant? Not only that, but because I've provided the proof you desperately wanted, now I'm somehow associated with Samsung? You sir, are an ignoramus– there is no doubt.

10. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

I think people are realizing the issue is dying down and those with vested interest to not let it die down are seeking any means to make it significant

11. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then it would be 15 threads with no "proof," as MR commenters complain. Why is this such a sore topic for you. And let's just forget about your statement that MR wants as many threads as possible and doesn't bury things that it doesn't like.

12. Rafterman macrumors 68020

That phone is far too big for your pants pocket (it even sticks out the top, its so big, compared to the pocket), you cram it in there and bend it, then blame Apple for what should have been obvious to your own eyes?

13. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

More like Apple fanatics are placing their hands over their ears and yelling "The iPhone 6 and 6+ are strong! La La La La La! I can't hear you!"

14. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

A large number of these phones are display models....which set on a stand and are not put into pockets...which leads one to believe customers are purposely bending these phones.

People are ridiculous....

15. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

So because I have a different opinion than you, this is a sore topic for me. Your debate, logic, and reasoning skills need some work. I'm sorry you are not getting the validation you sought after.

16. BigBeast, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you expound a little regarding the arguments I made? Nothing I present is illogical. In fact, one of your statements was that MR wants as many threads as possible to meet their financial goals, but somehow popular threads (which would make more page views) are being merged with dead threads (which would produce fewer page views).

What it seems like to me, is that because it's a sore subject to you, you don't wish to continue being bombarded with it– which is something I can understand. Here's the solution: don't click to see the thread. Instead, click on threads that you want to read about. However, I produced evidence that the iPhone 6+ is not built to withstand regular daily use, but you just had to comment with illogical statements like the one above and suggest that I don't know how comment threading works.

17. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Opening another thread on this seems like a great way to get crosswise with the mods.

18. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

when I'm a customer... and the product I bought might have an issue? The last thing I want is for the issue "to die down".

I guess "customers" at MR are just different. ;)

19. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well had they not buried my thread which showed normal-usage proof that the iPhone 6+ bends, I wouldn't have created this thread.

All the other Benghazi threads are filled with irrelevant youtube videos of people putting too much stress in one area of the phone. My pictures attempted to show what can happen when using your iPhone in a normal fashion– something I haven't yet seen in MR threads, yet somehow it was determined too similar to people forcefully bending their iPhones.

In an effort to call MR out, I made this thread. I understand it's a fruitless endeavor, but I don't agree with the MR mods sometimes– this isn't the first. And I'd rather be vocal about it so that maybe further down the road, other users will be as well.

20. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

MR, as much as it is a forum, is a business. They are in the business of monetizing by selling relevant advertisements. More posts = more places to insert ads between comments and at the footer of posts. This is basic math, but it is also without context.

I responded to your post with the information you presented us with. Saying your thread is buried is rather different than you clarifying on what happened in actuality, similar threads were merged. Sorry my original comment could not predict the details you left out. I responded to what was available to me at the time.

I am not a mod, I don't know what circumstances they merge posts under. But I highly doubt they saw your comment and came to conclusion "This guy is right, we can't let anyone see his post on the iPhone 6, let's merge it with another one so it stays 'hidden'". But if you want clarification on why the posts were merged, contact the mods, they are always willing to divulge on why they've taken action a certain way.

IMO, MR needs to make the distinction between useless posts and posts with context. As much as MR wants to make money, they want users to keep coming here. This means they need to regulate what gets posted on the forums. Items deemed redundant, inflammatory, or useless to the overall community that get merged, closed down, or on the extreme circumstances closed down. Could they gain ad money by leaving these posts up for the people who will click through? Absolutely, but if they managed by that mentality, this site would be a wasteland and users would eventually stop clicking altogether.
    While your post may give a different analysis of the problem at hand, the topic is not new and has been covered ad nauseum. Your new information can be inserted into the other posts about this issue.

If you had presented your graphic as a new post, you would most certainly have completely different responses. It's your tone and your whiny entitlement that your voice must be heard over others that people are reacting to. Your knee-jerk attention-whore title and your negativity towards the forum in general is why no one really cares about your probably truthful post/information. I am actually interested in the debate going on in the iPhone bend posts, but this post adds very little to that discussion.

Let me know if I need to clarify anymore ABC's.

21. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whiny entitlement and attention whore? Where in my post do I sound like that? Perhaps your contemptuous attitude is what makes you lash out. Take this stick out of your ass buddy.

22. bpeeps, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

See:

It is quite clear, nobody cares about this post or "new information". Moving on...

23. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah! I can sense all the whiny entitlement and attention-whoring right there!! :rolleyes:

24. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Well the story broke on macrumors so if they wanted to hide it they would just because your story got added in another pile doesn't mean they are hiding it just means they are organizing the plethora of threads and your constant threas creation throws water on any concern that you had which was genuine and you are coming off as attention seeking oh my God look at me my phone is bent